
Today we woke up and went to town to meet this guy Eamon that the girls had met out in town. He was going to go with us to this village called Manguara where we were going exploring. The daladala ride was about an hour to Manguara where we caught up with Tamar, Hadassah, Maggie, and Justus who were already there. When we got there we went to eat at a local place, then started walking through the bush to go to the waterfalls. We went to the first one, which was a somewhat smaller one. Then the second one, a slightly larger waterfall, which we swam at. The water was freezing cold, but it was cool swimming under the waterfall.
We left this waterfall and started towards the third waterfall. We stopped to thave some bananna beer. It was a little nastier than I remembered from the previous night. Then we continued on to the third one, which was a smaller waterfall, but it had to place to jump in, which was fun. It was probably about 5 meters high. Nothing comparable to the 14 meter jump earlier in the trip! This one was a little nerve racking though,
because we weren't sure how deep it was and whether we would hit bottom if we jumped in! The local guy that was showing us around jumped in, so we decided it was ok. I jumped in and I hit bottom, but it wasn't bad and I actually just kind of softly sat down on the bottom, so it wasn't bad.
because we weren't sure how deep it was and whether we would hit bottom if we jumped in! The local guy that was showing us around jumped in, so we decided it was ok. I jumped in and I hit bottom, but it wasn't bad and I actually just kind of softly sat down on the bottom, so it wasn't bad.We hung out at this waterfall for a little while longer, and then went back into the village. We caught a daladala back into Moshi. We went to the bar on the roof of the Kindoroko Hotel where we hung out the rest of the night. At some point we left and got a taxi to take us back to the volunteer house, which was a fun ride! Good night!


No comments:
Post a Comment