This morning I spent a half day at the Orphangee. I just wanted to check it out and see the kids. So we caught a daladala over to Upendo with the other volunteers and I played with the kids for a couple hours. As I walked up they all started yelling, Baba, which means dad in Swahili. They were cute. It was a little heartbreaking being there, but at the same time I'm glad I got to spend some time there.

Crystal and I left around noon and went over to the clinic. There was a small crowd at the clinic, but it was all mothers and babies that were there for counseling and vaccinations. By about 2pm, the crowd was gone and around 3pm w
e left for the day. Crystal and I went back into the downtown area. We did some shopping, had a bite to eat, then a little more shopping in the Masai market. After this, we went to Peter's Club to meet up with the other volunteers for drinks.
e left for the day. Crystal and I went back into the downtown area. We did some shopping, had a bite to eat, then a little more shopping in the Masai market. After this, we went to Peter's Club to meet up with the other volunteers for drinks.
We walked back to the house after dark. When we got back to the house, we learned of the horrific day Maggie had at the house by herself. Basically the alter ego of Frederick made for a horrible day for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment